Friday, November 20, 2009

go fucking bananas

Thanks to Mr. Internet, we now know SKINNY PUPPY's set list for this tour. Here is what last night's show in Philly looked like:

1. Love in Vein (album- Last Rights, 1992)
2. Hatekill (new!?!?)
3. Addiction (album- Cleanse, Fold, and Manipulate, 1987)
4. Dogshit (album- VIVIsect VI, 1988)
5. Deadlines (album- Bites, 1985)
6. Tormentor (album- Too Dark Park, 1990)
7. politikiL (album- Mythmaker, 2007)
8. pedafly (album- Mythmaker, 2007)
9. Rodent (album- Rabies, 1989)
10. Pro-test (album- The Greater Wrong of the Right, 2004)
11. Morpheus Laughing (album- Too Dark Park, 1990)
12. ugLi (album- Mythmaker, 2007)
13. Assimilate (album- Bites, 1985)

Encore:
1. Worlock (album- Rabies, 1989)
2. Brap (live improvisation)
3. Far Too Frail (album- Remission, 1984)

Yep, I'm giddy as hell right now. The older material is some of their very best. If they really do open with "Love in Vein" then I am going to loose it completely. Just go fucking bananas.

2 comments:

Moz said...

WOAH! I can't believe they played anything off Last Rights! They never play anything off that record. I'm PISSED i didn't find out about this tour until like the day after they hit SF.

ido said...

They setlist for the DC show was pretty much the same as this one. I actually don't remember if they played "Rodent" or not, I was pretty worked up and thrashing around like a ninny the whole time. Ogre's vocals were extremely distorted, the most demented he has sounded in a very long time. I saw him last year on the "Devils in My Details" tour and it just didn't have the same level of gut wrenching intensity that they did the other night. SKINNY PUPPY has been one of my very favorites for a long time and is extremely important to me. I never thought I would have the chance to see them live. There is pretty much zero chance for me to see SWANS, CHRISTIAN DEATH (w/ Rozz), SHADOW PROJECT, or BIRTHDAY PARTY, so I am definitely going to take anything I can get. The footage I saw of PUPPY from the two prior tours just didn't seem to have the edge their early work did. But this show was completely killer- they just fucking brought it. The release of the new album has been delayed due to their label going under, which is really too bad. I hope they can get things sorted out and get it released soon. Really looking forward to it now.