Tuesday, December 23, 2008
".....a mind from which darkness, as if an inherent positive quality, poured forth upon all objects of the moral and physical universe, in one unceasing radiation of GLOOM."
- Edgar Allan Poe
GLOOM: MENTALLY ACHRONISTIC
Sunday, December 21, 2008
SKINNY PUPPY. Barren loveless world of pure id. Theater and music bleed together to form a hyper-charged Grand Guignol. Strip your senses bare. Carve your politics to ribbon, leaving only tattered nerve endings and viscera.
All of their most important works are still in print (and easy enough to get). So if you don't already have their '85-'92 output then get your ass in gear. Money extremely well spent.
Here are a number of live shows posted on mr. youtube that I've put together as individual playlists. This footage alone makes that site worth its bandwidth.
- Mind: the Perpetual Intercourse Tour in Horst, Netherlands, 10/12/1986
- Head Trauma Tour in Ljubljana, Slovenia, 5/07/1988
- Last Rights Tour in Dallas, U.S.A., 6/26/92
- Mythrus Tour in Manchester, England, 8/15/07
Saturday, December 6, 2008
THE STALIN. One of the most brilliant bands to stomp the face of this dying rock. Here they are performing new year's eve 1981 at the New Years Rock Festival in Asakusa, Tokyo. 1000% total genius. Watch and be amazed. Video in two parts.
1) メシ食わせろ！- Meshi kuwasero!, "Eat your food!"
2) ハエ- Hae, "Fly"
3) 冷蔵庫- Reizouko, "Refrigerator"
4) バキューム- Bakyuumu, "Vacuum"
5) 解剖室- Kaiboushitu, "Autopsy Room"
6) 電動コケシ- Dendou kokeshi, "Electric Dildo"
7) アーチスト- Aachisuto, "Artist"
Go get it!